Engagement Portrait Wardrobe Suggestions
- Always choose outfits that are classic and timeless
- Darker, solid colors such as, navy blue, maroon, dark purple and gray.
- Nice jeans, khakis or solid colored pants.. No shorts please.
- Fun and flirty/flowy dresses and skirts are great for the ladies. Solid colors look best but a fun, not so busy, pattern looks nice too.
- Button down, untucked, shirts or simple, solid color, long-sleeved shirts that can be rolled are highly recommended for the men
- Beach portraits: aqua, coral, greens and blues are always nice
*Pinterest is a great tool to help with deciding on your wardrobe. Also, feel free to lay out your clothing, snap a picture and send to us for an extra opinion. We love helping with wardrobe options, in fact, we prefer to : )
Tips on Your Style
- Pick clothing that flatters your body type, you feel comfortable in and also represents your style as a couple
- Outfit styles and colors that coordinate with each other
- Make sure your clothes are pressed and wrinkle free
- Have clean shoes
- Beach shoots: prepare to go barefoot and have toe nails cleaned and trimmed
- Men: if you plan on getting a hair cut, please do so 1 week prior to your session. This will give your hair time to grow in a bit
- Men: please make sure your nails are trimmed and clean
- Ladies: please keep your makeup as natural and timeless. Go a little heavier than everyday but don't overdo it.
- Ladies: make sure your nails are trimmed and evenly painted. Clear nail polish works great, as well!
- Ladies: feel free to accessorize to show what makes you you but don't overdo it
- Ladies: Have your hair styled before the session
- Big white sneakers
- Shorts, as they aren't as flattering and less romantic
- See-through clothing
- Logos, graphics and busy prints
- Baggy clothing
- Formal or business casual attire unless spoken about beforehand
- Worn out or faded clothing
- If you both have a particular sport, activity, pet or something unique of common interest and would like to be photographed with it, please feel free to bring it along
- Past props have included: favorite sports team caps, an umbrella, a kite, wine and even a pet dog (certain location restrictions apply)